Friday, October 22, 2010

A Geranium Fairy part 1


My daughter is always very proactive about Halloween and what she's going to be wearing.  About a month ago she put in her order for a custom made Geranium Fairy costume like the one in Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies book.  I have the bodice done and I've made a petal-like skirt.  What was hanging me up was the little flower buds around the waist.  I couldn't figure out how I was going to do those (and so many of them!) and so I've been procrastinating.  Inspiration struck when I was looking at something else, a page about making yo-yos that I found randomly.    I also found out that the circle hole punch that I recently purchased (I LOVE that thing!) will cut fabric if you have Wonder Under ironed onto it.  With this I was able to iron on a circle to each yo-yo to make a bud.  There are still details to add, green tights, a wand with a silk geranium on it and maybe some sort of headband.  Stay tuned to see how the whole thing comes out.  

1 comment:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Oh that is just going to be so adorable. I miss making outfits for Halloween.

Have a lovely weekend, T.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails