Sunday, September 27, 2009

chair, paper and fabric

It's been a week since I painted a chair at the New Freedom Fest. I think it came out swell (yeah, that's a corny word but I am sick of using 'really cool' and 'awesome' so there!) I haven't heard from the Fest organizer how much it went for at auction. All of the chairs were unique and nicely done. One of them was painted by the children at the fest. I think next year they ought to have a Jackson Pollock inspired chair where people could pay a dollar to throw paint on it. It was a lot of fun, I'd do it again if they ask me!

As some of you know it is not easy to get in the door of the fabric design profession and I have oodles of designs that I just know would make great fabrics. Rather than let them languish in my laptop, I have decided to put some of them together as sets of 9 and sell them on Etsy as digital paper packs. Each has a different name and it's been fun coming up with a small backstory for each one.
This is one of my favorites!
Several posts ago, I was debating whether or not to choose a pink or blue design to have printed from Spoonflower. I never did decide and got them both! The blue came out exactly as I'd pictured it, the pink has both alleyways and holes in the design. Somehow I never could get it fiddled right when I was designing it. Since then I have discovered using The Grid in Photoshop--that program of never ending surprises.
Up next: Pumpkins!





1 comment:

Living said...

Wow, those designs are so colourful!
I agree about the overuse of 'Awesome'... but at the same time I really like the word Awesome! I think I need to think of a list of alternatives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails