Monday, November 22, 2010

Not Following

So, I have an Excel chart of people to whom I've sent submissions and licensing inquiries.  Listed on the chart is are dates that I ought to have followed up with them.  As of yet, I've not followed up with anyone.  The reason for this is that everytime I think about calling a stranger on the phone I
1. feel like I might puke.
2. Have only a vague idea of what I would even say and this would consist of many Ums, Uhs, You knows and  "Hi, my name is..." before probably hanging up on them.

I think I have Telephobia.

So this week I've been catching up on some mending.  I won't bore you with pictures of it.  If you want to be bored, you can go read my tutorial about sock darning which I still say is a useful topic albeit dull one.   And, I've launched four different Christmas paper packs in my Etsy Shop, changed my background on Twitter, this blog and Etsy to a Holiday Festive version of my Candy Dish Paisley design.

While you ponder all of that, please enjoy this drawing of a fancy shoe from my sketchbook.


1 comment:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Such a cute shoe, I kept saying "You shall go to the ball" (in my Head) when I saw it.(He! He!)

I think it is terribly hard for us artists to cold call people, because it is such a personal thing to us, the wanting people to like and then use our work. I am such a chicken when it comes to my own work but I am so good at asking things for others. So, that is what I do I pretend I am asking for others and I always have a script that I have gone over a million times.

Wishing you well with your calls and follow thrus.

If you don't call they won't know who you are :)

Have a lovely day T. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails