Monday, June 21, 2010

Finding the Time

This never happens, people.

People I know, and even people I've just met are always asking me "Where do you find time to read/draw/sew?"  Or, "I just don't have the time for going out with friends, I'm Sooo busy."  You never find time.  You have to take it.  I have plenty of time to read, draw, work on various Photoshop projects--why?  Because I want to.  I drag my sketchbook and pen everywhere, and when I have to wait (Dr.'s office, my kid's sports practice, slow times at work) I doodle.  Books and magazines, small sewing or crochet projects are also highly portable and chances are that somewhere during your week you'll be stuck waiting for someone or something.  Bring them along and viola!  You've got time.

Stuff I don't want to do, I find excuses for.  Excuses, unlike time puddles, are thick on the ground.  I usually don't have time to regularly watch TV. TV is mostly stupid. But millions of people have about 3 or more hours to watch TV.  I'm usually getting around to doing laundry and housework.  Exercise?  I've stopped making excuses about exercise.  I just don't want to.  I'd rather be drawing!  So what do you take time for?  What do you allow to take your time from you?

2 comments:

Crowing Moon said...

I make time for crafting too and "lose" time blogging ;) and like you dont make time for excercise. I really must remedy that I guess. Can you excercise and craft at the same time? hmmmmm

jonedear said...

if you are serious about perfecting your game. Finding a best badminton racket under 200 is not a problem, there are many on the market and they can be found anywhere from your local sporting goods shop, specialty badminton stores in thousands of online publications and online stores.

Related Posts with Thumbnails