Friday, January 30, 2015

Another Red Coat

This year's production is going to be very exciting!  We are putting on Mary Poppins and it should be a challenge for me.  Already, I have had to alter a pattern.  I sewed a muslin of one of Mary Poppins' coats and then fitted it to the actress playing her.  (With a little direction from my assistant there in the lower right.)
 

A red coat, haven't we seen something like this before?  So far, this coat that she'll be wearing in "Step In Time" is going together without problems.  The trickiest bit was the set in pockets.  The fabric I am using is a poly-cotton gabardine and it has a very nice hand and drapes well.  At least one of Mary's coats is going to have to be fitted specially for a flying harness which will be a totally new thing that I've not done before. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails