Friday, July 30, 2010

Robots on my Mind

This week has been a week for robots.  My almost 12 year old son was attending a camp all this week where they learned to build robots that could navigate a maze.  The robots were made out of Legos and used Mindstorms software to make it move. 

 I also finished a collection based on one of my favorite drawings.  It's one of my favorites because I used shapes I ordinarily don't use, colors I ordinarily don't prefer and subject matter rather than abstraction and it came out really cool. 
The way I like to design is to take pieces and parts of a picture and make a new design from it.  Like this:
Or this:

See if you can spot which bits I used.  And if you are burning with curiosity you can check out the whole collection of Robots and Rectangles.

2 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Robots are very cool, love it.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

I think I saw a Robot Treasury this week too :)

Awesome! My sons did a Lego Robot building program in Middle School. I think it is great for team building and problem solving skills.

Have a lovely Weekend, T. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails