Monday, July 1, 2013

What Are You Reading?


                                 

Okay, so this summer I have not been in such a creative mood but I have had my Nook glued to my hand.  I've read almost the whole Southern Vampire Mystery series by Charlaine Harris.  I am totally sick of the whole vampire thing (really, can no one come up with a new genre?) but I found Ms. Harris' characters so likeable that I just have to read the whole series.  The downside is that everybody else is reading Sookie Stackhouse too and I have to wait.  I hate that!

For me, a good book is all about characters.  When I'm done reading, I feel like I know the characters personally.  Like I could call them up and see if they want to go get lunch.  Harry Potter is like that.  So is Elizabeth Bennet.  -Right now, I'm getting to know Eoin Colfer's Cosmo Hill in The Supernaturalist.  How about you?  Read any good books lately?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails