Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fallish Skirt and Top

We only have JoAnne fabrics in our town since Walmart dropped their fabric store entirely.  Still mad about that.  One of my favorite things to do when I go to JoAnne's is to go directly to the back where they have the sale fabric and a little cart of remnants.  Right now, while Katie is still little, those 24" and smaller remnants can yeild a big result.  I found this adorable floral corduroy piece and made her a simple skirt using a hem technique by Oliver & S .  I had this gold sweatshirt, that I was saving for just the right thing, and used more of the fabric to redo the bottom so it didn't look so sweatshirty.  K has requested that I make a cute bird to put on the front. 

This is K's Halloween witch skirt.  She wore this over a black dress.  I used Oliver & S's ribbon hem technique here too.  It's become my favorite way to hem little girl's skirts :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails