Started out with a plain rocker. I had half a gallon of unused red paint so that became my base color.
I had a French Provincial sort of thing in mind. But I just wasn't feeling it. So I started over.
I went with cheerful colors of purple, green, pink, orange and yellow which contrasted very nicely with the red.
Last year the New Freedom Festival had us paint the chairs there at the event sort of as an attraction. I prefered having time to think out my ideas and to be able to stop and start either just to let one section dry before adding another design layer or just to step back and think some more. I think it came out even better than last year's chair (which was not too shabby!) Anyway, the festival and auction are today. I'm glad I'll be scoping out the arts and crafts and eating Bricker's Fries instead of having to watch my paint dry.